Thursday, March 29, 2012

College, and Yed’s Fitness Studio.

The home venue reached Rank 8 overnight.

ScreenShot001

This was happy news to Yulia, who was having trouble sleeping after the discussion she and Derek had had with Yevgenya, and had gone outside to stargaze.

ScreenShot002

*****************************

When Genya got up the next morning, she studied Cleaning a bit more and was able to get an additional scholarship.

ScreenShot003ScreenShot004

She played chess with Yedrek before he had to go to school. “So, “ he asked, “are you really leaving for college today?”

ScreenShot005

“Yup,” she said. “And I need you to run the studio, if that’s okay. I’m NOT letting Yana run it.”

ScreenShot006

When Yed was leaving for school, Genya caught him in the downstairs hall.

ScreenShot009ScreenShot008

“Wow, sis!,” he exclaimed. “The studio, AND your car???”

ScreenShot010

“Yeah, I don’t need a car at college, anyway, and you’ll need some way to get Her Highness to the studio,” Genya said, with her back-to-normal good-humor. “It’s not like she’s going to walk there!”

Yed, Yanastasia, and Yasiu went off to school, and Yulia and Derek discussed who would take Genya to college.

“I wish I could, hon’,” Derek apologized, “but there’s an emergency at the hospital and I have to go in.”

ScreenShot012

“It’s fine, honey,” Yulia answered. “It’ll be less dramatic if I take her, anyway. Unlike you, I can be counted on not to cry!,” she teased.

ScreenShot011

*****************************

Genya had decided to attend l’Academie Le Tour. Despite her oft expressed disdain for her younger sister, she realized that l’Academie was probably the only school that Yana would remotely consider for dance, which meant that Yed would certainly enroll there with his twin, and Genya wanted all her siblings together at school if she could manage it. “It’s a great school, and it’s not like I have any idea what I want to do, anyway,” she sighed.

For her dorm, she had picked Mille House, which had larger rooms than most of the other campus housing.

ScreenShot014

Yulia drove her daughter to campus and dropped her off in front of her dorm.

ScreenShot015

But Yulia was wrong—she DID cry.

ScreenShot016

Genya found a reasonably spacious room on the 2nd floor,

ScreenShot018

claimed the door and locked it,

ScreenShot019

and furnished her new room with the nice things she had bought from her profits from her dance/exercise studio (including snapdragons hovering just outside).

ScreenShot020

She sat down to do her first term paper,

ScreenShot021

and, having finished it, went to her first class at 3 p.m.

ScreenShot025

************************

Meanwhile, back at home, Yed and Yana had returned from school.

ScreenShot022

They did their homework,

ScreenShot023

then changed and headed for the studio, which was now renamed “Yedrek’s Fitness Studio.”

“What the heck is THAT?,” Yed asked his twin, looking at her attire. “Are those shoes even good for outdoors??? We’ve got to walk to the car, you know,” he added, drolly.

ScreenShot024

They proceeded to the venue, where Yana resumed her usual workout (in her new ballet dress and satin shoes),

ScreenShot043

and Yed proudly opened his own venue.

ScreenShot045

Although, because the lot ownership had changed, the studio had gone back to Rank 0, customers started to trickle in,

ScreenShot044

and, by late evening, the studio had reached Rank 3.

ScreenShot046

Yed and Yana went home for the night.

________________________

NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR:

I really screwed up the transfer of the studio from Genya to Yed! I had her gift the deed to him, forgetting that that doesn’t constitute transfer of lot ownership (and I’m a lawyer, so I should have remembered this!) for Sims 2 purposes. When Yed and Yana tried to go to the lot after school, it didn’t show as owned by the family. Yed went to the phone and tried to “Purchase Community Lot,” but hung up quickly before any interaction menus showed. The same thing happened with Yulia! I thought the custom phone might be jinxed, so had Yed use a different phone. Same problem! I opened Uni and had Genya sell back the lot to the community. Same problem. I wondered if my recent custom content imports (pretty ballerina dresses for Yana) might have caused the problem, so moved that folder out to the desktop. Same problem. I went to Komei’s apartment, and he was able to buy a community lot. So, it’s apparently a problem with the home lot. I had to have Yed move out of his family’s house, and move in with Komei (hey, they’re buds, anyway!), just to enable Yed to buy the studio.

“Hey, dude, what’s up?,” asked Komei, surprised.

“Nothin’,” replied Yed. “Just need to use your phone.”

ScreenShot041

Then Yed moved back in with his family.

The pic of Yulia crying over Genya’s shoulder outside of the dorm is a hoot! You never know what you’re going to get when you try to snap a pic of a “cinematic.”

3 comments:

  1. So are you playing Komei on the side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a bit. I never realized he was a Fortune Sim (though I always knew Marisa was) so, since Fate threw them together at the restaurant, I wanted to see how they'd do as a couple! (I've never been very interested in him, because he looks kinda like Lurch....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, rank 8 home business already! Awesome.
    Glad you figured out the swapping of ownership, I don't think I've ever played a business too much, you put me to shame, I get bored of the hard work. :D
    You are right about the cinematic pics, it's hit and miss mostly, I only got 2 decent graduation shots from my Uni kids out of 6, lol.
    Looking forward to the Uni days. :)

    ReplyDelete